DASSAULT SYSTÈMES S.E., a European company which has its registered office at 10, rue Marcel Dassault, CS 40501, 78496 Vélizy Villacoublay Cedex, FRANCE (hereinafter the “Promoter” or “3DS”), is holding a competition entitled “ARM4ALL” (hereinafter the “Competition”) under the following Rules and Regulations (hereinafter the “Rules”).
ARTICLE 1: CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The Competition is open to any individual who classifies as a student and who is at the time of the Competition enrolled in a high-school or post-graduate educational institution (the “Participants”).
The Competition is strictly limited to Participants as defined above, to the exclusion of all persons listed hereunder:
- Residents of countries subject to trade sanctions;
- Residents of Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Russia, and the Canadian province of Quebec;
- Residents of any other country or territory where participation in this Competition and the terms of these Rules would violate any local law in force;
- Employees of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries, and their immediate family (spouse/partner, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses/partners, etc.) and members of the household of said employees;
- Employees of any company associated directly or indirectly with this Competition, including their spouse/partner and family;
- Students under the age of 16 years.
Minors wishing to enter the Competition must obtain prior written permission from their parent(s)/guardian(s). The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of consent at any time; failure to provide justification may result in disqualification. Any minor entering the Competition does so under the full responsibility of their parent(s)/guardian(s).
A parental permission template can be downloaded here: https://files.solidworks.com/ARM4ALL/Parental_Authorization_ARM4ALL_EN.pdf.
It must be filled out and emailed to Education.Europe@3ds.com.
No purchase or payment is required to enter the Competition. Each Participant must have a computer with Internet access and an access to Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS solution whose license can freely be requested for the purpose of the Competition during phase 1 through ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com.
The Promoter reserves the right to take all necessary steps to verify full compliance with the terms of entry.
Participants acknowledge and agree that the Competition shall at all times be subject to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative requirements, including without limitation, export control laws and regulations, and sanctions programs. In particular, the Promoter shall not be held liable in the event Participants are prohibited and/or otherwise restricted from participating to the Competition in order to comply with export control laws and regulations, and sanctions programs or to avoid potential exposure to any international sanctions or penalties that could be imposed by any governmental authority.
ARTICLE 2: DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
The Competition will extend from February, 9th 2022 at 14:00 PM (time zone CET) to May, 9th 2022 at 11:59 PM (time zone CET). All times zones listed below are in the Central European Time Zone.
Competition is divided in three phases:
- The first one is the registration and request licenses phase (from February, 9th at 14 PM to April, 9th at 11:59 PM): during this phase, Participants can register to the Competition and request access to a 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS license after filling in a form available on the website https://ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com (the “Website”) which allows them to use the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to design their Projects.
- The second one is the submission phase (from April, 20th at 12 AM to May, 9th at 11:59 PM): during this phase, Participants are able to submit their Projects on the Website.
- The third one is the voting phase (from May, 10th at 12 AM to May, 20th at 11:59 PM): during this phase, Participants can no longer submit their Projects and the vote begins according to the modalities exposed in section 4.
ARTICLE 3: MODALITIES OF THE COMPETITION
3.1 This Competition is administered and managed by e-Labo, 10 Rue Fontaine d’argent, 13100 AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France. Data collected will be stored in France. The Promoter collects and processes the data according to Article 8.
3.2 ARM4ALL is a Competition where students from all around the globe are asked to design a below and above elbow device (with no electric part) that could be 3D printed, manufactured, and get fixed to the Prosthetic Hand that LN4 Hand Project Foundation already distributes (the “Project”). Participant shall only use the 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS solution to create his/her Project.
The aim of the Competition is for LN4 Hand Project Foundation to get new ideas, data and designs from all the projects in order to represent, reproduce, manufacture and distribute new prosthesis, but also to communicate in all formats and media around its activities and services.
3.3 To enter the Competition, Participants shall register online on the Website https://ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com, fill out the form and request access to the 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS solution during phase 1 (or phase 2), and submit all materials related to their Projects (photos, videos, description, etc.) before the end of phase 2.
ARTICLE 4: SELECTION OF WINNERS
At the end of the Competition, Participants who submitted the winning Projects (“Winners”) will be awarded with the Professional Jury Vote Prize, and/or the Fan Vote Prize, and/or the Instagram Prize. The list of Winners will be announced on May, 30th 2022 at 05:00 PM (time zone CET).
In this Competition, there are 3 categories of prizes:
- PUBLIC VOTE PRIZE, rewarding the best Project (1 Winner),
- PROFESSIONAL JURY PRIZES, rewarding the 3 best Projects (3 Winners),
- INSTAGRAM PRIZE rewarding the most liked reposted Instagram Project showcased on our page @3DXEdu and @SolidworksEdu Instagram accounts (1 Winner).
1. PUBLIC VOTE PRIZES
The Project that has obtained the most votes on the Website (https://ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com) at the end of the third phase of the Competition will be selected as winning and Winner will be awarded prize the nature and value of which is described in Article 5 of the Rules.
Each visitor of the Website is limited to one vote per Project throughout the duration of the Competition.
At the end of the Competition period, in the event that several Projects have received the exact same number of votes, the first of these Projects to have been posted, with the posting date serving as proof thereof, will be awarded the prize.
2. PROFESSIONAL JURY VOTE PRIZE
Three Projects will be selected by the general jury composed of 3DS employees and LN4 Hand Project Foundation members based on the following criteria:
Maximum: 100 points + 25 bonus points.
- Design (35 pts)
- Originality and creativity
- Usage and functionalities (25 pts)
- Easy to put and adjust
- Respect of the specifications
- Pitch (project presentation) (15 pts)
- Description and screenshot(s) of the rendered project
- Rendering visual quality
- Interactive explanation or video
- 3D Printing / Prototyping (15 pts)
- Can be done at home, at school or at a FabLab
- Smart design to avoid as much support material as possible
- 3D Printing oriented assemblies to reduce number of parts thanks to 3D Printing capabilities (example 2 part hinge printed as 1 part with gaps)
- Printing Time
- Maintainability and Recycling/ Environmental (5 pts)
- Easy to clean
- Easy to repair
- Easily replaceable parts
- Sustainability (5 pts)
- Non-toxic parts
- Bonus Points (25 pts)
- Designing a new type/mechanism of attachment to body (10 pts)
- Use of 3DEXPERIENCE platform (5pts)
- Project post in the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu | Students community (5 pts)
- Social media likes on posts including #Arm4All hashtag AND @SolidworksEdu and @3DXEdu on Instagram (5 pts)
The total cumulative score cannot exceed 100 points (+ 25 potential bonus points).
3. INSTAGRAM PRIZE
The Project that has obtained the most “likes” on the Organizer’s INSTAGRAM pages/accounts (on both @SolidworksEdu and @3DXEdu accounts) at the end of the third phase of the Competition will be selected as winning, and Winner will be awarded the corresponding prize.
ARTICLE 5: VALUE OF PRIZES
Winners will be rewarded as follows, depending on each prize:
1. PUBLIC VOTE PRIZE
The Winner will receive an Apple Watch Series 7 GPS + Cellular, with a unit value of €611 inc. VAT.
2. PROFESSIONAL JURY VOTE PRIZES
The three Winners will receive:
- The Participant who obtains the most points from the jury: a MacBook Air – TFT 13″ – 16GO, with a unit value of €1313.20 inc. VAT;
- The Participant who obtains the second more points from the jury: a Sonos One – Smart speaker – Ethernet Fast, with a unit value of € 824.4 inc. VAT;
- The Participant who obtains the third more points from the jury: an Apple iPad 2020 Air 64 Gb, with a unit value of €669 inc. VAT.
3. INSTAGRAM PRIZE
The INSTAGRAM Winner will receive a virtual VIP pass for the 3DEXPERIENCE World 2023 event, a SOLIDWORKS backpack including a Blaupunkt wireless headset, a battery charger, a connected key ring, an umbrella and a pen, with an approximate value of €200 inc. VAT.
The value and the type of prizes as specified in these Rules cannot give rise to any contestation of any kind. The Promoter reserves the right, should an event beyond its control occur, in particular in connection with its suppliers or unforeseeable circumstances, to replace the original prize announced with a prize of equal value. Winners will be informed of any changes and waive in advance any claims in this respect.
ARTICLE 6: MODALITIES OF ATTRIBUTION
The Promoter will close Participation in the Competition on May, 20th at 11:59 PM (time zone CET) (the “Closing Date”).
Within 14 Days of the Closing Date, all Winners will be informed by email. They will be asked to provide contact information and personal address for the purpose of receiving their prizes.
Prizes will normally be awarded to the Winners within 30 Days of the above email being sent out.
If, after a period of 14 Days, any Winner has not provided their postal address, or if they choose to forfeit their prizes, said prizes will not be redistributed.
Winners undertake to accept their prizes as offered. Prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, other goods or services of any kind, or transferred to a third person. Similarly, no claims for compensation will be accepted regarding the prizes.
In the event that a Winner should not wish or be in a position to accept all or part of their prizes, for any reason whatsoever, they will be deemed to have entirely forfeited the benefit of said prize.
If a Project wins more than one prize, it is only entitled to win the most valuable prize, except for the Fan Vote Prize and the Instagram Prize which can be cumulated with another one. In the event this occurs, the following prizes shall be distributed to the Participants who have been awarded the next place.
ARTICLE 7: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
7.1 Participants undertake not to harm the brands, reputation and image of 3DS and its subsidiaries. In addition, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that all materials, data and content provided by 3DS, are the property of 3DS and its subsidiaries, and cannot be used by the Participants without 3DS prior authorization. All rights not expressly granted to the Participant under these Rules or in the conditions of use of the Promoter’s website(s) are reserved.
3DS shall grant Participants who request it, from February, 9th 2022 to May, 9th 2022, a free, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform (meaning the platform hosted by 3DS and made available to Participants, including information, documents and/or materials). The terms of this license are available on the Website ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com.
7.2 3DS reserves the right to revoke unilaterally and without consideration this license if it considers that the use that is made is detrimental to its interest and/or in case of any breach by the Participants of their obligations under these Rules. Upon expiration of this license, Participants agree to cease all access and/or use of the Platform.
7.3 Each Participant assigns to 3DS, without consideration, liability or reference, as and when they arise, all the rights that she/he may hold on the Project, as author, worldwide, for the entire duration of the rights as defined in French or foreign applicable Law, in international conventions in force, on all existing or future formats and media, notably physical, digital, analog or online (such as notably 3DS websites or social networks), in any form and in any language to any audience, directly or through any appointed third party, for all purposes, including the purposes of reproduction, representation, distribution, manufacturing, internal and external communication, marketing, information, promotion of 3DS activities, products or services.
The assigned rights include in particular the rights to:
- use, modify, adapt, assemble, edit and/or have used, modified, adapted, assembled, edited any models, designs, data or information contained in the Project in the development, use, marketing, storage, manufacturing, transfer, sale, leasing, rental, distribution, or deployment of the Prosthetic or any other products and/or associated services, including physical representations and devices based on the Project by 3DS and/or a third party agreed by 3DS ,
- integrate and/or have integrated any models, designs, data or information contained in the Project into other projects,
- feature and/or have featured the Project and all its content for promotional purposes in websites or on any existing or future media, notably physical, digital, analog or online, in any form and in any language.
3DS shall be free to transmit all the rights mentioned here above to the LN4 Hand Project Foundation and any other third party for the agreed purposes.
7.4 Each Participant in the Competition represent and warrants that he/she holds, and/or has obtained from any other person who has contributed to the Projects, all rights necessary to grant 3DS the rights described above on the Projects entered as part of this Competition, and that said Projects violate no third-party rights, notably copyright.
In any event, 3DS remains free to make use or not make use of the Participants’ Projects.
ARTICLE 8: PERSONAL DATA
8.1 In order to enter the Competition, all Participants must provide personal details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, school name and country (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
Said Personal Data are collected and processed by the Promoter solely for the purpose of managing and promoting the Competition. Participant authorize the Promoter to reuse the Personal Data collected for the Competition in order to promote the following edition of the said Competition. The Promoter’s policy on privacy and the use of Personal Data is available at the following address: https://edu.3ds.com/en/legal/privacy-policy. This policy will apply to each use, collection and processing of Personal Data in connection with this Competition. As a result, Participants explicitly consent to the collection and processing of Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above.
8.2 Any Personal Data collected in the context of the Competition will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”).
Personal Data may be collected through the Promoter’s website(s), INSTAGRAM social media platforms used in connection with the Competition, and subsequently disclosed and used by a 3DS subsidiary for the purposes set out in this article. The Promoter may transfer all or part of the Participants’ Personal Data outside the European Union, provided that prior to the transfer of such Personal Data, it has verified that all entities (including subsidiaries of 3DS) receiving such Personal Data and non-European entities offer sufficient security guarantees and adequate levels of protection, in accordance with all applicable laws.
8.3 Participants in the Competition are entitled to access their Personal Data, and have a right to request correction, update or deletion thereof.
Participants also have the right to obtain a copy of Personal Data about them held by the Promoter. Participants may exercise their rights of access to and correction of Personal Data by writing to: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy@3ds.com or directly through any social media platforms FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER involved.
ARTICLE 9: IMAGE RIGHTS – PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES
Through their participation in the Competition, Participants grant 3DS permission, without such permission conferring any rights to any form of compensation, benefits or any other rights, to use, reproduce, represent, display, disseminate, publish and adapt on any media by means of a mounting, directly or through a third party authorized to do so by 3DS, in whole or part of their last names, first names, and/or image, for communication and/or promotional and/or internal or external marketing purposes, provided that they have communicated them as part of the Competition under the following conditions:
- on any medium and material, including in particular print, audio-visual, digital or electronic, whether existing (press, internet, posters, etc.) or future;
- by all means and in all formats;
- for all modes of exploitation known or unknown to date, including, but not limited to, dissemination via the Internet (in particular via websites and social networks);
- for a period of five (5) years following the Competition start date;
Participants acknowledge that any content created and/or operated in accordance with this authorization will not require any other approval by the Participants.
The Participations waive any action or recourse against 3DS in relation to any content created and/or exploited in accordance with this authorization.
The Participants acknowledge that this authorization is enforceable against their legal successors.
Should a Participant object to one or more uses of their last name, first name and image under the above- mentioned conditions, they must make themselves known to the 3DS by sending an e-mail to the following address: Education.Europe@3ds.com with the subject line “ARM4ALL COMPETITION”.
ARTICLE 10: ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES
Participation in the Competition implies express and unreserved acceptance of these Rules, of ethical rules in force on the Internet, of the terms and conditions of use of the Promoter’s website(s) used by Participants to enter the Competition as may be required, as well as all applicable laws and regulations in force, particularly with respect to games and lotteries.
The Promoter reserves the right, should circumstances require, to modify, prolong, shorten, suspend, defer or cancel the Competition, and to take any measures deemed necessary for the application and interpretation of these Rules.
As a result, any violation of the foregoing and of these Rules, incomplete or erroneous entry form, fraud or attempted fraud, false or inaccurate statement, or other violation of any other applicable provisions will disqualify the Participant and forfeit any right to a prize. Any cheating or attempted cheating will result in the exclusion of the offending Participant or any other sanction that the Promoter will deemed appropriate to the violation of the Rules.
The Promoter will thoroughly investigate any action that may be deemed cheating, or akin to cheating, including unauthorized means of increasing the Participant’s chances of winning a prize, notably by using the services of specialized companies. For instance, Participants who create multiple INSTAGRAM accounts under false names and/or false email addresses to obtain votes for their Project and thus increase their chances of winning one of the prizes may be excluded from the Competition and will forfeit any prize they may have won.
The Promoter alone shall be competent to independently judge, based on evidence gathered; any suspected fraud, cheating or violation of these Rules. The Promoter reserves the right to take all appropriate measures to ascertain full compliance with these Rules.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify Participants and delete any Projects published and comments posted on social media or websites concerned should they be deemed:
- manifestly offensive;
- manifestly unlawful or unconstitutional in nature;
- pornographic, pedophile, racist or xenophobic in nature;
- defamatory or likely to harm the image, privacy, honor, reputation and/or consideration of any natural or legal person in any way whatsoever;
- to promote crime, hatred, violence, suicide;
- to be accompanied by (and/or contain) slanderous, denigrating, insulting, offensive, abusive, defamatory, injurious statements prejudicial to the honor and/or consideration of persons;
- in violation of public law and order;
- to contravene moral standards;
- to fail to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
This list is not exhaustive.
ARTICLE 11: LIABILITY
The Promoter cannot be held liable for any lost or undelivered communications.
Furthermore, the Promoter reserves the right, in the event of fraud, to take legal action in any competent court against any Participant or Winner deemed to have committed said fraud.
The Promoter cannot be held liable if, due to force majeure or any event beyond its control, the Competition should be cancelled, extended, shortened, deferred or modified. Likewise, the Promoter cannot be held liable, and no action may be taken against it, in the event of cases of force majeure (strikes, weather, etc.) which partially or totally deprive Participants of the possibility to enter the Competition and/or deprive Winners of their prizes.
No answer will be given by telephone or in writing concerning the interpretation or application of these Rules, or of the mechanisms or procedures of the Competition, nor the list of Winners.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event of any incident and/or accident that may occur as a result of the use or enjoyment of the prize and/or through its improper use by the Winners (it should be noted that any insurance obligations are the Winner’s responsibility).
The Promoter may under no circumstances be held liable for any incidents arising from the use of prizes once the Winners have taken possession of them. Likewise, the Promoter cannot be held liable for the loss or theft of prizes after the beneficiaries have taken possession of them.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage, whatever its cause, origin, nature or consequences, even if it has been informed of the possibility of such damage occurring due to:
- Malfunction of the Internet or computer equipment (hardware and/or software and/or databases and/or data) of a Participant or, more generally, to any other problem related to telecommunications networks, resources and services, computers (online or offline), servers, Internet access and/or hosting providers, computer equipment or software, databases and data of any kind;
- Any person accessing the Promoter’s website(s) or official pages on social media platforms: INSTAGRAM or inability to access them;
- Use or inability to use the Promoter’s website(s), including any damage or viruses that may infect the Participant’s and/or Promoter’s computer hardware or any other equipment.
The Promoter shall not be bound by the foregoing, and Participants shall therefore not be entitled to any compensation or indemnity of any kind whatsoever
Any claims or complaints arising from the Competition (i) must be made in writing to Dassault Systèmes, 10, rue Marcel Dassault – 78496 Vélizy Villacoublay Cedex – FRANCE and (ii) shall not be considered if sent more than thirty (30) days after the Closing date of the Competition.
ARTICLE 12: RULES
These Rules may be consulted at the following address: https://files.solidworks.com/ARM4ALL/ARM4ALL_Rules_EN.PDF.
A hard copy of these Rules can be sent by post free of charge to any person requesting this at the following address:
Dassault Systèmes – Valérie LECOLLE
53, Avenue de l’Europe
Each Participant can only be sent one copy of the Rules. Postage used to request a copy of the Rules will be refunded at current second-class rates upon request (one refund per Participant). Please send your request to the address above mentioned.
The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Rules at any time in the form of an amendment made in compliance with conditions stated and published online at https://ARM4ALL.edu.3ds.com.
These Rules remain the property of the Promoter. To this end, any reproduction, representation and use of all or part thereof is strictly prohibited.
ARTICLE 13: APPLICABLE LAWS – ASSIGNMENT OF JURISDICTION
All Participants are subject to the laws of France, in particular to French regulations in force relating to competitions.
Any claims must be addressed in writing to the Promoter’s registered offices, as specified in the preamble to these Rules, within thirty (30) days after the Closing date of the Competition, to the exclusion of any other method. After this date, no claims will be accepted.
Any dispute arising during the Competition period will be the subject of an attempt to reach an amicable settlement between Promoter and Participant. Failing agreement, the dispute will be submitted to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the French Code of Civil Procedure.
These Rules are provided in English and may be provided, for informational purposes only, in a language other than English. The English version shall be the only binding and enforceable version of this Rules.